Friday, January 13, 2006

MRI

So having an MRI done is like being born again (one might question the acronym as really meaning Mother Rejects Infant). There I was, laid out on my back, being injected and rejected into this not-so-massive tube (someone find the tongs!). I half expected the technician to pull me up by my legs and give me a swift smack on my buttocks. I asked her if that was a perk of my co-pay, and she was not amused.

I asked the woman what they did if they had grossly overweight people in the MRI chamber. She explained that the hoisting table could lift a 350-pound person, although the distribution of their girth may affect their ability to be inserted into the tube. Holy crap!

Luckily, though, there is an MRI somewhere in the DC Metro area that can lift up to a 500-pound person. I assume that this MRI station is also used when Barnum and Bailey come to town.

No comments: